Thursday, January 05, 2006

In the beginning....

...there was um... er... like... stuff.

First post at my 3rd or 4th of 5th... (who's keeping count anyway) attempt at this thing we call a "blog".

I won't bore you with the little things (like how awesome I am, or smart, funny, and incredibly beautiful, and how if you met me you would want to be me...).

Let's just start with the important stuff.

Take a look at these jeans! Who came up with this idea? Nothing against the worn in look, but you have to admit, this is a bit silly. What's next? Jeans that look like and feel as if you shrank them in the wash? riiiiiight.

On a more personal note, what's my new year's resolution? Learn how to crochet. (seriously)

2 comments:

highbrow said...

I knit and crochet and sometimes I prefer the latter for "square" projects, e.g. baby blankets, scarves, because it seems to be faster. Now I personally haven't tried them (yet) but I like the look of the Takumi Clover Soft Touch needles. I'm flirting with buying a set on ebay.....

Soosan said...

I'm so looking those up right now....

I have a pair of addi turbo circular, which the sales clerk described as "the mercedes of needles". They are like, tha bomb! (and expensive... and entirely not affordable for more than one pair!).

I'm waiting for a copy of the "Happy Hooker", it's the stich and bitch line, but for crochet! With a birthday on the horizon.. I'm hoping to receive it as a gift.