Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Superstar

Remember the SNL Superstar sketch (and movie)?

Check this out:

(In case you're wondering, that's "Time of my Life" from Dirty Dancing fame)

The following is a photo essay from my recent Karaoke Birthday Bash (Aka Birthday-Oke). I turned 29 this past February 1st, and to celebrate we decided to hit up a local Toronto Pub for some Saturday night Karaoke.


Me and some of the gals, with a delicious cake made by LP.

A little G&T to start things off....

LP and I would never go breaking YOUR heart.

Amy is moved by the performance...

Amy and Diana are then moved to dance backup (we don't know that guy, fyi).

Our bartender decided to surprise me on stage.

Singing "One Way Or Another", and as they say on American Idol, "I really gave it my all"

7 comments:

jacquieblackman said...

U totally rawk!

Happy (belated) birthday!

Needle Addict said...

Those are great photos. It looks like I missed a good time. Damn my stupid cramps.

Maggie said...

That chalkboard says Karaoke with Welly! Is that who ran it that night? Jeremy and I used to go to Karaoke in a bar in Pape Village and Welly ran it. He loves to sing Creed and Matchbox 20. What bar are you at?

Happy Birthday!

Soosan said...

This was Church and Bloor. Spirit's Bar and Grill. Probably the same Welly tho!

The funniest was he was starting to sing "Time of my life" with me, but I said "I got this" and took over.

Maggie said...

Yes, definitely the same Welly. I've never been to that bar but I remember that was one of his other locations even from years ago.

Peggy said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like a lot of fun!

Sandi Purl said...

what a blast! sorry i missed it. are u 29 -- again?